It’s never a convenient time to deal with water damage. But when disaster strikes, you can count on PureDry’s water damage specialist to make things right as quickly as possible.
As the premier water damage restoration company in Seattle and surrounding areas, we’re equipped to handle all your water damage and mold removal needs. From the initial water removal to total restoration, we’ll be there every step of the way.
Not sure when it’s necessary to contact a water damage specialist? Keep reading to find out.
When You Should Call a Water Damage Specialist
Knowing when you call a water damage specialist in your area can be the difference between restoration and disaster. The worst thing you can do when water damage occurs is to ignore it or put off addressing the issue. After all, even a small water leak can wreak havoc on your property if left untreated.
If you want to minimize the extent of the damage and keep repair costs low, you must act fast at the first sign of water. Waiting around will only make the problem worse. More times than not, water damage goes unnoticed until secondary issues arise—including structural problems and mold and mildew growth, which cause respiratory problems. That’s why it’s essential to know the common signs of water damage and when it’s time to call in the experts.
When to Give Us a Ring
Here are the top two telltale signs that water damage has occurred on your property that requires the help of a professional.
- When water doesn’t evaporate on its own: If the water doesn’t evaporate naturally, it causes excess moisture to linger around. This excess moisture can damage furniture, ruin clothing, jeopardize indoor air quality, and decrease your comfort. If you want to avoid these unwanted outcomes, we highly recommend calling us when you first notice water not evaporating on its own.
- When water seeps where it shouldn’t: Water is sneaky. It can seep through your roof onto ceiling tiles, into walls, and onto floorboards. When this occurs, the water can cause paint to peel, drywall to crumble, ceiling tiles to collapse, and subflooring to crack. All of these problems can put the structural integrity of your property at risk, which ultimately puts your family’s safety at risk.
Don’t hesitate to contact the PureDry team when you notice water damage on your property. When in doubt, give us a call anyway. It’s better to play it safe now than to be sorry later. Trust us on this one. Never underestimate the amount of damage water can cause.
What Will the Water Damage Specialist Do?
Our water damage specialists use state-of-the-art equipment and proven techniques to restore your property to its pre-damage condition. We’re thorough, leaving no area of your property untouched.
Wondering what you can expect once we arrive at your property? Take a look below at our five-step water restoration process:
- Dry and sanitize: We use box fans and even open doors and windows to increase air circulation throughout the property and accelerate the drying process. This step also decreases the indoor humidity level to keep mold, mildew, and bacteria growth at bay. The more air we can circulate throughout the damaged area, the better.
- Remove destroyed items: From flooring and furniture to ceiling tiles and appliances, our team will remove any ruined items from your property. Wood flooring and furniture are particularly susceptible due to the highly porous nature of the material. Once wood gets wet, it’s hard to reverse the damage.
- Deodorize: We deodorize the damaged area—including salvageable belongings—to eliminate foul odors and prevent additional ones from forming. This helps to improve indoor air quality, which reduces your risk of developing respiratory problems.
- Clean: We clean up the mess left behind by water damage, so you don’t have to.
- Repair: We’ll perform any necessary repairs so you can return to your usual routine as soon as possible.
Despite our best efforts, we can’t always restore your belongings. Items that often must be replaced after sustaining water damage include:
- Flooring (wood panels, tiles, and carpet)
- Wood furniture
- Ceiling tiles
Call Your Local Water Damage Restoration Specialist
PureDry is the name you can trust to take care of your water damage restoration needs. We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do—thanks to our highly skilled and well-trained technicians.
Our representatives are available 24/7 to provide prompt assistance in a water emergency. That way, you can get the services you need exactly when you need them.
Has your property sustained water damage? Contact PureDry today to receive expert water damage restoration service in 60 minutes or less—guaranteed.